Wednesday 21 December 2022

Her Worthy Rake

 Her Worthy Rake

Charlotte Anne



Reviewed by Helen

I have been looking forward to this one since I read Charlotte Anne’s debut The Unworthy Duke, I met Georg Owen Tattershall known as Owen in that book and I thought he was a very good candidate for hero material and I am glad he got his story, although a little twist in this one that had me thinking, I loved his chosen heroine Sophy Calder, a very strong determined red-head and together they make a formidable pair.

Owen is kind of related to the Duke of Woodhal and although he is not wealthy he is the adopted son of the Dowager Marchioness of Faye, which gives him some sway in the ton and he is also the best wearer of slick and fancy waistcoats and he has a couple of secrets. When Sophy Calder comes into his life Owen comes alive with passion and a want and need for Sophy and adventure has begun.

Sophy has come to London to search for her twin brother Sherry who was pressed into navel service illegally to fight Napoleon’s forces but the war ended two years ago and he has not returned and Sophy is determined to find him. She arrives at the Duke of Woodhal’s home the day before his engagement and is given a letter to take to the navy and is given so help, but Lady Faye needs a new companion and hires Sophy and this brings her closer to Owen and together they search for Sherry, with lots of ups and downs.

This is such a fabulous story, witty, sensual and with such wonderful characters, a mystery to uncover and getting to know Owen more was so good and fiery Sophy she is the best and together they really do make a great couple who will not let anything stand in their way of happiness. Of course catching up with Lady Faye, Calum and Ellen added to the story. This is one that I would highly recommend, I do love a good historical romance and I do look forward to more stories from Charlotte Anne I love her way with words.

My thanks to Netgalley and Escape Publishing for my copy to read and review

5 stars
January 1, 2023 by Escape Publishing