Sunday 31 March 2024

With My Last Breath

 With My Last Breath

Kaye Dobbie




Reviewed by Helen


This is not the type of book that I normally read but I love this authors stories so was keen to read it and I am so glad I did because I loved it, a beautiful romance with a paranormal twist, how far would you go to get the man you loved back?

World War one is raging in Europe and Emilia’s husband Owen is a journalist over there and Owen likes to get in the midst of things no standing back for him, when he is killed in a shell blast in the trenches, Emilia is totally devastated. Eighteen months since his death and her sister in law Florence invites Emilia to London for a trip, on the bus she meets a woman who encourages her to come to a church meeting that night for a séance, will this night change her life?

She meets Dr. McIvor who convinces her that he can bring Owen back to her, there will be a payment but Emilia agrees and very soon Owen appears on the London doorstep, is it a coincidence or was he just missing and now found. Soon Emilia and his sister Florence are very worried about Owen, does he have shell shock or is there something else going on, so many worries, and so many questions.

I read this one in one sitting I really didn’t want to put it down, it is so well written and MS. Dobbie pulls her readers in with wonderful characters and a fast paced story with lots of strange happenings, she dug deep into the emotional side of things especially with Emilia, her love for Own was so strong, this is one that I would highly recommend even if it is not they type you normally read, how will things turn out? I do recommend you give it a go I am sure you will thoroughly enjoy it as I did.

My thanks to the author for my digital copy to read and review.

5 stars
March 15, 2024 by Dobbie enterprises