Saturday 10 June 2023

The Paris Mystery

 The Paris Mystery

Charlotte 'Charlie' James #1

Kirsty manning



Reviewed by Helen


Charlie James has arrived in Paris ready to start her new position as correspondent for The Time, Paris, she is looking forward to this she needs to leave her past behind her in Sydney Australia and make sure that she gets the best stories on the pages and make sure they are better than any that the male correspondents turn in.

After meeting her new boss, she is sent to do a story on British expats Lord and Lady Ashworth, Lady Eleanor is flamboyant and puts everything into her parties and her philanthropy work, she is organizing her summer solstice circus ball and it will be the place to be for the rich and famous and Charlie will be there reporting, The Times have hired a photographer for the evening and all is set.

The circus is amazing, the animals, the acrobats, and the drinks flow but when a scream is heard everything changes when the body of the rich and famous banker is found and now Charlie finds herself investigating a murder and she pulls out all stops to get the answers.

I loved this one from start to finish, the setting and the characters are fabulous, I loved getting to know Charlie, it is a great mystery and had me thinking at each turn of the page, I do enjoy Kirsty Manning’s stories and this one did not disappoint it is the start of a series, yay I can’t wait for more Charlie James. This is one that I would highly recommend.

My thanks to Allen & Unwin for my copy to read and review.

5 stars

August 30, 2022 by Allen & Unwin