Thursday 11 July 2019

The Clothier's Daughter

The Clothier's Daughter

Hartdale Brides #1

Bronwyn Parry

The Clothier's Daughter by Bronwyn Parry

Reviewed by Helen

What a story, wow I have been waiting for this one for a while and it was worth the wait, I picked this one up and didn’t want to put it down, but life gets in the way and there were times I had to, but Emma and Adam never left my thoughts, I savoured every word in this beautifully written story, this one is a must read.

Emma Braithwaite is a strong, caring and beautiful woman, she is working hard to keep the families wool cloth company going, while worrying about her brother Matthew, this is not easy doing what is normally done by a man in 1816. There have been a few rumours and problems popping up here and there but when a fire starts at the factory, Emma keeps strong to save her staff with the help of Adam Caldwell the man she has never forgotten in the eight years he has been away.

The war is now over and Adam is returning home to Rengarth Castle and his family to think about his future he knows that with his brother The Earl ill he will need to do what he can, but when there is a fire he steps in to help rescue Emma the girl he proposed to eight years before, the now woman who was always in his dreams while away. There is trouble and danger afoot for Emma and Adam steps in to protect her at all costs.

This book had me on the edge of my seat at times Emma was in such grave danger, but Adam never stopped protecting her and rescuing her, their love for each other is strong and beautiful no matter what is happening, the story is heartbreaking at times and with so many emotions flowing, there were tears and joy throughout, I truly loved this one from start to finish and I am thrilled that it is book one in the Hartdale Brides, so more to come. I highly recommend this story I am sure that any reader will fall in love with Emma and Adam and their story to a HEA that is sure to leave you smiling after all that they have been though. Thank you MS Parry this one is a keeper.

5 stars


Published July 11th 2019 by Firetail Press