Friday 15 May 2020

Marry in Scarlet

Marry in Scarlet

Marriage of Convenience #4

Anne Gracie

Marry in Scarlet by Anne Gracie

Reviewed by Helen

What a story, what a finish to a series, oh I loved this one so much Anne Gracie is a must read author for me and she has never disappointed me, I have been looking forward to George’s story since this series started and it was worth the wait, I hope I get this review right because this book and the series is a must read, beautifully written with witty banter and a sensual romance it is fun, moving and filled with joy, smiles and sighs.

Lady Georgiana Rutherford had been bought into the ton and a family she didn’t know she had kicking and screaming, because George was much happier with her horse and dog, but it didn’t take her too long to feel the love of her family and get used to living in London, but one thing that George was determined was that she would never marry that life was never going to be for her, well that is until the Duke of Everingham decides he wants her and goes all out to get her.

The Duke of Everingham, is arrogant and always gets his own way and after being stood up at the alter by one of the Rutherford Gels he now decides that he wants a marriage of convenience with Georgiana Rutherford, but George is not going to be easy to convince that this will be the best option and this leads Hart to take drastic action and ensure that they are caught in scandalous situation that should end in marriage and any other gel would be pleased with this but not George.

I loved George so much, she is beautiful caring and strong as well as being honest to a fault, I love that she will say what she feels and is not afraid to do so and Hart struggles as she continually stands up to him and she makes him realize who he really is, there is a very sensual pull between the two of them and Hart starts to realize what he has done and is there when the ton turns on George. Seeing Hart become the man he really is and fall head over heels in love with George was a beautiful journey, their joining in love and as a family was awesome, truly I loved this story so much, I laughed and smiled throughout, I cheered George as she stood her ground and as for Hart he turned out to be the best man for George.

Thank you MS Gracie for another story that will stay with me for a long time to come, I really loved this one and the series and I look forward to many more stories from you.

5 stars


Expected publication: May 26th 2020 by Berkley